- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
Pak court: Saeed will be released if evidence not submitted
Mumbai attack mastermind and banned Jamaat-ud-Dawah chief Hafiz Saeed’s house arrest will be set aside if the Pakistan Government fails to submit any concrete evidence against him, a top court here has warned.
Saeed and four of his associates are under house arrest in Lahore since January 30 under the Anti-Terrorism Act 1997.
The Lahore High Court (LHC) on Tuesday heard a plea against Saeed’s detention. The interior secretary was supposed to appear before the court along with complete record of the case related to his detention along with four others.
Irked by the absence of the interior secretary during the proceedings, the court said “no citizen can be detained for an extended period on the basis of merely press clippings”.
- Female Gurkhas in British Army from 2020 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Globe trotting 17 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Nawaz Sharif challenges 10-yr jail term 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Senior ANP leader survives assassination attempt in Pak 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Russia targeted by almost ‘25 million cyber-attacks’ during World Cup: Putin 17 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Finland Dy PM sends climate, democracy message to Trump, Putin 17 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Putin uses new Russian limo abroad for 1st time 17 Jul 2018 | AP
- Trump wins sympathy from Russian media 17 Jul 2018 | AP
- Trump blames Russia rift on US probe, Moscow agrees 17 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Wanted Trump to win, didn’t interfere: Putin 17 Jul 2018 | AP
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Phir Khule Akaash me Judde Ghataon Ke, Phir Hawaon Ke Dupatte Ho Gaye Jheene, a poetic event centered on creations about monsoon ‘Pranaam Pawas’ concluded in city. The event was organised by the Dushyant Kumar Memorial Manuscript Museum to welcome the monsoon season...