Palestinian baby dies from tear gas inhalation: ministry
A Palestinian baby died as a result of inhaling tear gas during clashes along the Israel-Gaza border, the health ministry announced on Tuesday.
Eight-month-old Leila al-Ghandour was exposed to the gas during major protests yesterday, in which the health ministry said 58 Palestinians were killed. It was not immediately clear how close to the border fence Ghandour and her family were. At least five protests sites have been established since demonstrations began on March 30, most of them with both frontline areas and places for families further back.
- Turkey increases tariffs on some US goods, escalating feud 16 Aug 2018 | AP
- Anger grows in Italy as bridge toll rises to 39 16 Aug 2018 | AFP
- PTI nominees elected as Pak Speaker, Dy Speaker 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- US blacklists Russian, Chinese companies for breaking N Korea embargo 16 Aug 2018 | AFP
- Suicide bomber targets Shia students in Kabul, killing 48 16 Aug 2018 | AP
- ‘India set example for world by supporting democracy, diversity’ 16 Aug 2018 | Agencies
- Scotland Yard returns 12th century stolen Buddha statue to India 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Increase in Indians crossing into US from Mexico and seeking asylum: Report 16 Aug 2018 | Agencies
- Indian-origin restaurateur racially targeted in US 16 Aug 2018 | Agencies
- Indians in Netherlands celebrate Independence Day 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
State of Chhattisgarh is moving faster from malnutrition to normal. But on the path, to achieve the target cooperation of all is required, said women and child development minister Ramsheela Sahu...