Russia protests to US over consulate flags ‘hostile act’
Moscow has lodged a protest with Washington, accusing US officials of tearing down Russian flags from two of its diplomatic missions in the country, the foreign ministry said on Thursday.
In late August, the United States ordered Russia to close its consulate in San Francisco and two other installations as relations between the two former Cold War enemies took another dive.
“Yesterday we learnt about a new ... Hostile act of the US authorities against our diplomatic missions,” foreign ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova told reporters on Thursday, warning that Moscow would retaliate.
- British PM wins key Brexit vote despite ongoing rebellion 19 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Yemen Houthi leader willing to give UN control of key port 19 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Pakistan Army supporting religious extremists, alleges US lawmaker 19 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Uranium stockpile reaches 950 tonnes: Iran nuclear chief 19 Jul 2018 | AP
- Harkat-ul-Mujahideen founder announces support for Imran 19 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Trump asked Rouhani for meeting 8 times at UN: Official 19 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Had very good meeting with Putin, more in the offing: US President 19 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Trump: No ‘time limit’ to denuclearise N Korea 19 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Puerto Rico allowing transgender people to fix birth certificates 18 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Obama gives Trump sharp rebuke in Mandela address on values 18 Jul 2018 | AP
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Jul 2018 | PNS | Dehradun
The court ordered anti-encroachment drive continued in Dehradun with 280 encroachments being demolished and 185 being marked on Wednesday. A total of 2196 encroachments have been demolished, 4674 have been marked and 88 buildings have been sealed so far...