Russia, Syria not yet allowed OPCW into Douma: UK
Russia and Syria have not yet allowed a fact-finding mission from the world’s chemical weapons watchdog to enter Douma to probe allegations of a gas poison attack, the British embassy said on Monday.
The head of the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW), Ahmet Uzumcu, had briefed emergency talks about the deployment of the team, which arrived on Saturday in Damascus.
- Globe Trotting 16 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Suicide bombers could be used to target politicians, warns Pak body 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Pak yet to crush terror groups despite tall claims by Govt: Newspapers 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Civilian deaths in war-torn Afghan hit record high: UN 16 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Muslim woman with headscarf racially targeted in US 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Gaza ceasefire holds after heavy Israel strikes, Hamas rocket fire 16 Jul 2018 | AFP
- ‘Might’ ask Putin to extradite accused Russian hackers: Trump 16 Jul 2018 | AFP
- China’s US trade surplus hits record on rush to beat tariffs 16 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Syria targets rebels near Israel-occupied Golan Heights 16 Jul 2018 | AP
- Trump says Britain must get Brexit ‘carve out’ for US trade deal 16 Jul 2018 | AFP
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
16 Jul 2018 | PNS | Indore
Hitting back at Congress leader Kamal Nath for writing to Lord Shiva to seek an end to the misrule in Madhya Pradesh, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Sunday said such shallow tactics have caused the opposition party's downfall. "My friend in the Congress is opposing (us) for no reason...