Student dies during slap fight game in Pak
In a shocking incident, a sixth grade student lost his life while playing innocuous ‘face-slapping’ at his school in Pakistan’s Punjab province, media reports said.
During break time, Bilal and Aamir chose to play Thapar Kabaddi (face-slapping) at Government High School Mian Channu when Bilal was severely struck near his neck, the Express Tribune reported. During the game, students and teachers also gathered in the ground to watch the fight, it said.
The incident happened earlier this month but its video surfaced on Saturday.
As the game begun, both of them started to slap each other as hard as they could. The event took an ugly turn, when Bilal unable to bear Aamir’s slaps lost his conscious and fell on the ground.
Nobody came to his aid and shifted him to the nearby hospital while the rescue team also arrived late after a delay of half an hour, the report said.
The incident points towards grave negligence on the part of police, school administration and parents of the victim.
Sources said that the school administration failed to take Bilal to hospital for medical treatment immediately after the incident and are equally responsible as the local police for not carrying out post-mortem of the body, it said.
Thappar Kabaddi, also known as Chanta Kabaddi, is a famous sport in many cities of Punjab.
- Trump to invite Putin to Washington this year: WH 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- North Korea puts reunion of war-separated families in doubt 21 Jul 2018 | AP
- Putin, Trump talked about a referendum for eastern Ukraine 21 Jul 2018 | AP
- More than 300 older children split at border are reunited 21 Jul 2018 | AP
- Russia shows off Putin’s ‘super weapons’ 21 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Globe Trotting 21 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Trump ‘ready’ to tax all Chinese imports 21 Jul 2018 | AP
- Personal health data of PM among 1.5 mn, Singaporeans hacked 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Pak Army has no direct role in July 25 general elections: Official 20 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Chinese President visits UAE amid push to increase influence 20 Jul 2018 | AP
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Chief Minister Raman Singh on Friday expressed profound grief over the death of former State Finance Minister Dr Ramchandra Singhdeo. The Chief Minister reached the residence of legendary leader in the capital and paid floral tributes...