Trump ‘morally unfit’ to be President: Comey
Donald Trump is “morally unfit” to be President, former FBI chief James Comey asserted on Monday as he claimed “its possible” that Moscow may have information on him that could be used to compromise him.
Comey, who was unceremoniously fired by the US President in May last year, in a wide-ranging interview to ABC News also warned that if Trump ever tries to sack special counsel Robert Mueller, then it would be his “most serious attack yet on the rule of law” and causing “tremendous damage” to the countrys institutions.
Mueller is investigating alleged Russian interference in the 2016 US election and any potential ties between Trump campaign and Russia. Trump has repeatedly called the investigation a witch hunt and denied any collusion.
The former Federal Bureau of Investigation directors blunt comments came as the 57-year-old lawyer kicked off a high-profile tour to promote the release of his new book, “A Higher Loyalty.”
Asked if he thinks the President has been compromised by the Russians, Comey said, “I think its possible, I dont know,” Comey said.
“I wish I wasnt saying it, but its the truth. It always struck me, and still strikes me, as unlikely, and I would have been able to say with high confidence about any other president I dealt with, but I cant, its possible,” he said.
- Globe Trotting 16 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Suicide bombers could be used to target politicians, warns Pak body 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Pak yet to crush terror groups despite tall claims by Govt: Newspapers 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Civilian deaths in war-torn Afghan hit record high: UN 16 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Muslim woman with headscarf racially targeted in US 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Gaza ceasefire holds after heavy Israel strikes, Hamas rocket fire 16 Jul 2018 | AFP
- ‘Might’ ask Putin to extradite accused Russian hackers: Trump 16 Jul 2018 | AFP
- China’s US trade surplus hits record on rush to beat tariffs 16 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Syria targets rebels near Israel-occupied Golan Heights 16 Jul 2018 | AP
- Trump says Britain must get Brexit ‘carve out’ for US trade deal 16 Jul 2018 | AFP
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
16 Jul 2018 | PNS | Indore
Hitting back at Congress leader Kamal Nath for writing to Lord Shiva to seek an end to the misrule in Madhya Pradesh, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Sunday said such shallow tactics have caused the opposition party's downfall. "My friend in the Congress is opposing (us) for no reason...