Simmering tension between India and Pakistan escalated further after the Border Security Force (BSF) in a strong retaliatory action on Friday killed at least 7 Pakistan Rangers and one terrorist along the International Border in Hiranagar sector of Jammu frontier. After...READ MORE
- SC strips BCCI of fund power to force States to fall in line
- SC orders Parsvnath to give Minister home
- Kin believe Ahmad abducted, being held captive in JNU
- Common man’s UDAN to take off in Jan
- Govt reassures cardholders
- Rita dons saffron, says no alternative to BJP
- JNU V-C leaves office after 24-hour siege
BUSINESS & FINANCE
- India-Australia Test series to start on Feb 23 in Pune
- Let's see to what extent order is carried out by BCCI: Lodha
- Sikhs raise USD 135,000 for awareness campaign in Yuba City
- Indian-origin scientist creates 'real' 3D hands in lab
HEALTH & FITNESS
Sarod maestro Ustad Amjad Ali Khan will perform Samaagam, a concerto for sarod and orchestra in Music for Life, tomorrow. It’s an attempt to explore commonalities between Indian and Western classical music systems. He speaks to Saritha Saraswathy Balan about the concert, the music project Amalgam and his musical journey so far Amjad Ali Khan feels that music has the ability to transform any situation. So will be his performance in Music for Life, a show to highlight the country’s...READ MORE
- Donald looks at the Statue of Liberty and sees a four, maybe a five, if she loses the torch and tablet and changes her hair.
- Charges (of my leaking defence information) are baseless. In the defence committee, no secret information is shared.
- Hillary is so corrupt that she got kicked off the Watergate commission. How corrupt you have to be to get kicked off!
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Saturday, 22 October 2016 | Ramesh G Jethwani | BangaloreThis refers to the editorial, “Criminal negligence” (October 20). In recent years, we have witnessed some of the worst fire infernos. The recent one is the SUM hospital fire tragedy in Bhubaneswar, which claimed more than 20 lives. By ignoring attention on fire safety measures, we are only paving...