To ensure peace along the banks of the Pangong lake in Ladakh, where soldiers of India and China got into a scuffle and pelted stones at each other on Tuesday, local commanders of both the countries held flag meeting on...READ MORE
- Now, Centre caps knee implant fees
- SC orders NIA to probe ‘love jehad’ in Kerala
- NGT slaps hefty fines on star hotels for filth
- Top Lashkar ultra killed in Pulwama
- Fliers to cough up more for carrying heavy luggage
- Not by goli or gaali, but embrace: PM’s mantra
- Note ban brought Rs 3L crore black money to banks: Modi
BUSINESS & FINANCE
- BCCI's Amitabh, Anirudh's expeditures raise eyebrows
- India beat Austria 4-3 to end Europe tour on a high
HEALTH & FITNESS
Dilli Ka Bioscope brings together 35 folk community artists who were mentored by Pt Birju Maharaj, says Saimi Sattar When was the last time that you saw a street performance? In a day and age when the worldwide web is gradually erasing all other forms of entertainment, there is a brave new attempt at reviving street performing arts with Dilli Ka Bioscope. Kathak’s grand maestro Pandit Birju Maharaj has developed a concept featuring 35 folk and street performers, which is being...READ MORE
- The Prime Minister represents the spirit of the people of the country and it is time Narendra Modi starts acting and operating like a Prime Minister.
- We always patrol in the Chinese side along the LAC. We urge the Indian side to abide by the LAC and relevant conventions.
- The upcoming web series on freedom fighter Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose titled, ‘Bose-Dead/Alive’ is not a boring biography.
- Bangabandhu, the liberator
- Endless Adhocism
- Ancient way towards improvising education
- Aadhaar as backbone of biometric India
- Protein taken too much for Granted
- Birth of new interventions
- Docyard | Don’t ignore this pain
- cool corner
- Industry puts you in a bracket quickly: Kriti Sanon
- Big B drafts videos for Swachch Bharat, Indian consulate in Brazil
- Cine employees on strike, shoots go on amid tight security
- Won't stop talking about issue of open defecation: Akshay Kumar
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Thursday, 17 August 2017 | Ganapathi Bhat | AkolaThis refers to the editorial, “Farewell to Usain Bolt” (August 15). Statistics will be in mere numbers to rightly describe the ‘lightning bolt’. The track and field king rose from a remote Jamaican village and made the 100-metre and 200-metre dash his own for almost a decade, not to mention...