The recent terror incident in Bangladesh on Tuesday once again shocked the South Asian countries. This time the ‘Storm 26’-a joint operation conducted by the detective agencies, elite anti-crime Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) and special Swat unit of the Bangladesh police had finally killed nine terrorists hiding in the Jahaz Building in a place called Kalyanpur, just outside the capital city of Dhaka.
All the militants were believed to be the members of the banned terrorist...
Blowing the poll bugle in election- bound Uttar Pradeh, Rahul Gandhi today defended anointment of Sheila Dikshit as party's chief ministerial face on the ground of her "experience" and gave a lesson on discipline to party workers.
A day after lobbing "Arhar Modi" jibe at Prime Minister Narendra Modi over spiralling prices, Rahul in a first of its kind interaction with party's district, block and booth level workers on a ramp, responded to their random questions,...
A special CBI court today rejected the bail application of Sanjeev Khanna, one of the accused in the sensational Sheena Bora murder case.
Special CBI judge H S Mahajan, after hearing the arguments of Khanna and CBI, rejected his bail plea.
Khanna, in his bail application filed through his lawyer Shreyansh Mithare, had said that he was not present when Sheena was strangled in a car here on April 24, 2012.
According to the CBI, Sheena was picked...
MOST READVIEW ALL
As torrential rain wreaked havoc in Gurgaon, the one-line tweet — Mumbai was made from seven islands. Gurugram (Gurgaon) is slowly turning into one — captured the frustration and helplessness of thousands of Delhi-Gurgaon commuters who were stranded on waterlogged...READ MORE
- Bengaluru drowns, thanks to unplanned urbanisation
- IMD predicts week-long woes
- Déjà vu: Houses debate price rise yet again
- Govt builds consensus on GST step by step
- NIA hopes prize LeT catch to spill beans on Pak links to Valley violence
- Patna HC revokes LS membership of Chhedi Paswan who pipped Meira to post
- Girl kills self as father held for fee dues
BUSINESS & FINANCE
- I'm not too worried about my form, says Pujara
- Upbeat India look to assert supremacy over inexperienced WI
- Indian-origin Canadian man charged with drug-smuggling
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
HEALTH & FITNESS
- Obesity, smoking may up poor life quality in lung disease patients
- Reducing gun access can cut suicide rates: Study
Explorer Levison Wood walks the length of the world’s highest mountain range Six-month journey, over four million steps, trekking 1,700 grueling miles across the roof of the world, teaming up with local guides and meeting monks, soldiers and nomadic tribes, British Army officer and explorer Levison Wood has taken on an extreme challenge to walk the length of the world’s highest mountain range from Afghanistan in the west to Bhutan in the east. He won critical acclaim for his nine-month long trek...READ MORE
- I challenge Bikram S Majithia (Revenue Minister of Punjab) to arrest me in six months as they are in power. Else, I will arrest him after six months.
- When you do a film, a role, you create an image and industry wants to use that image and give you similar parts.
- I will be a President for the Democrats, the Republicans, and Independents. For the struggling, the striving and the successful... For all Americans.
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Wednesday, 27 July 2016 | Azhar A Khan | RampurThis refers to the editorial, “India’s Rio hopes dampen” (July26). The sudden development regarding the Indian contingent to the Rio Olympics smells a rat of conspiracy as the freestyle wrestler Narsingh Yadav's dope test has been found positive with Methandienone, a banned substance. The star performer's entry was beset with...