Trending NewsVIEW ALL
Copyright lawsuit filed against 'The Shape of Water' makers
Ford's N. America head leaves company after misconduct
Suspected grenade attack on US embassy compound in
Constant drizzle made life difficult for bowlers: Kohli
Ivanka Trump to attend Olympics Closing Ceremony with US
Trump meets shooting survivors, suggests arming teachers
Reforms undertaken in India in right direction: Donald Trump
Kejriwal asks TN people to vote for Kamal Haasan
PNB scam accused sent to police custody till March 5
Pyongyang cancelled meeting with Pence in South Korea: US
BJP MLA Kalyan Singh passes away in Rajasthan
Williams says terrifying health scare almost killed her
Google Pay replaces Android Pay, Google Wallet
Trump pushes for ban on rapid-fire gun 'bump stocks'
India 7th most targeted nation for Web Application Attacks:
Third-tier club Wigan shock Man City in FA Cup fifth round
Nasscom's Centre of Excellence on DS&AI to come up in
ICC ODI rankings: Kohli bags rare double, Rashid, Bumrah top
`Hurting sentiments': police notice to Oru Adaar Love director
Nearly 12,000 wilful defaulters have siphoned off more than Rs 1,60,256 crore from both public sector and private sector banks, co-operative banks, foreign banks operating in India and other financial institutions. This latest figure (as on December 31, 2017) of...READ MORE
- CBI grills Rotomac kingpin, son
- Assaulted Chief Secy meets PM; babus up in arms
- CBI arrests PNB GM, seals Nirav’s Mumbai farmhouse
- Amarinder meets Trudeau, raises separatist issue
- BJP conspiring to derail Govt, says AAP
- Bundelkhand to turn def industrial hub
- SC shields ‘wink girl’ from lunatic fringe
BUSINESS & FINANCE
- Pak summons Indian envoy for fourth time this month
- Indian Sikh's turban ripped outside UK parliament in 'racist' attack
HEALTH & FITNESS
- Social media use may affect teenagers' real life relationships
- Congenital heart disease may up risk of early dementia
In India, tradition is a replication of something from a different time. In France, tradition is something that existed at one time, which is the starting point and one has to re-interpret it all the time, Hemant Sagar tells Ramya Palisetty Bold, eclectic and opinionated, Hemant Sagar of the French haute couture house Lecoanet-Hemant loves new and interesting clothes. The designer would care less and wear a shirt as a pant by putting his legs through the sleeves of the shirt...READ MORE
- The reason why we saw that activity in Doklam last year was not because they (China) had a clear military option or superiority, but (because) they had a political goal of splitting us from (the) Bhutanese.
- If as a country, or as an industry, we take a collective stance against working with artistes from across the border, I’m happy to adhere to the same. I will be the first one to refrain.
- India must not worry about Dhaka’s growing ties with China. It should rather have good relations with its neighbours, including Bangladesh, so that this region can be developed further.
- Think Healthcare on EMI Network for all your unplanned medical treatments
- Be probiotic
- IS IVF PAINFUL?
- Docyard | For a sound sleep
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Thursday, 22 February 2018 | Sujit De | KolkataThis refers to the article, “Mother Language Day: The Bangla connection” (February 21) by Syed Muazzem Ali. Mother Language Day was first announced by Unesco on November 17, 1999, that February 21, would be observed as the International Mother Language Day every year to promote the preservation of all languages....