In the aftermath of the horrific attack on Hazara protesters in Kabul, the big question that everybody is asking is: Will this be the turning point for the Islamic State, which has officially taken responsibility for the bloodshed, in Afghanistan? There are a couple of points to be taken into consideration here. First, the attack was gruesome, even by the standards of a war-torn country.
In recent months, Afghanistan’s security situation has, no doubt, deteriorated with...
Delhi High Court today reserved its order on Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's plea to stay the proceedings before a trial court in a criminal defamation case filed against him and AAP leaders by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley.
"The judgement is reserved," Justice P S Teji said after the counsel for both the parties concluded their arguments on the plea challenging the trial court's May 19 order by which it had turned down the chief minister's request...
Hopes of finding alive the 29 personnel on board the missing AN 32 aircraft in the Bay of Bengal receded today as no survivor or debris have been located despite a massive search and rescue operation launched four days ago.
A matter of "concern" is that no transmission from the Emergency Locator Transmitter (ELT) on the aircraft has been picked up yet which has made the search operation very tough.
"It is very unfortunate that we have...
The Supreme Court today asked the Centre and RBI to file their response in four weeks on a plea seeking CBI inquiry against Indian offshore bank account holders named in the Panama papers.
A bench comprising Justices Dipak Misra and U U Lalit, granted four weeks time to the parties to file the affidavit after the Centre told the court that investigation is in progress and it was looking into the allegations.
A Multi-Agency Group (MAG) of...
MOST READVIEW ALL
The controversy around the Narsingh Yadav doping scandal peaked on Monday with the beleaguered wrestler claiming that a Sports Authority of India (SAI) official was involved in tampering with his food supplements and called for a CBI probe into the...READ MORE
- India makes Pakistan ‘no-school going mission’
- SC saves 23-year-old rape survivor from fatal foetus
- 8 children killed as school van driver wearing earphones rams into UP train
- Navjot Sidhu hits out at BJP, ducks query on joining AAP
- ‘Sultan’ didn’t kill Chinkaras in 1998
- Engineers defy Ganga’s fury to build bridge
- Dope hits Narsingh’s Rio dream
BUSINESS & FINANCE
- Sensex slips 67 pts as profit-booking weighs
- Emphasis on research, cloud to herald digital transformation in India
HEALTH & FITNESS
Ranbir Kapoor scored five goals against MPs in a one-sided charity football match till Baba Ramdev lent some counterweight. By Ganita In the end, it wasn’t clear who overtook whom. Did the brand swamp the celebrity or did the celebrity tow the brand? What everybody remembered was the ubiquitous Baba Ramdev doing his thing, running away with the show as usual against the backdrop of his company’s promotionals. In this case, showing he was quite the mean machine who knew how...READ MORE
- This dream of (Pakistan’s) led to the division of their own country; Bangladesh was created. But Pakistan couldn’t take an inch of our land. They should protect what they have.
- Getting a five-wicket haul away from sub-continent is something I have worked earnestly towards. and I am really pleased for myself.
- Platitudes not backed by meaningful action ring hollow over time. History and the Afghan people will judge leaders of all parties to this conflict by their actual conduct.
- 'Befikre' shoot was mindblowing: Ranveer Singh
- Jennifer Aniston gives empowering speech at Italian Film Fest
- Rihanna doesn't want her fans 'catching Pokemons' at concerts
- Sonam's look in next film mix of high-end fashion, ethnic
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Tuesday, 26 July 2016 | Gaurav Singhal | RewariThis refers to the editorial, “An unacceptable bargain” (July 23). Senior Congress leader P Chidambaram is playing dirty politics. Jammu & Kashmir already enjoys some political autonomy under Article 370 of the Constitution. However, the Union India still controls important portfolios such as defence and foreign relations. The solution, therefore,...