Accusing the Narendra Modi government of denying funds to the state, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee here today said Centre's "apathy and neglect" cannot halt West Bengal's development.
"Does the Centre feel no shame? They are not giving funds meant for people in distress," Banerjee said.
"After the floods in Chennai, the Centre released funds in three days. It's been months since floods had ravaged Bengal, but not a single paise has been given," she said addressing a...
Growing "intolerance" in the country and the incidents in Udhampur and Dadri are blots on the social fabric of the country and will continue to hauntthe nation's collective conscience for years to come, former chief minister Omar Abdullah said today.
Slamming the state government, the National Conference's working president said several core issues have been sidelined by PDP post its alliance with BJP and this might lead to feeling of further alienation among people in the...
MOST READVIEW ALL
Asserting that climate change is a major global challenge, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday said the world must act with urgency to craft a comprehensive, equitable and durable agreement to limit global warming. In a forthright address on the margins...READ MORE
- PM, Hollande jointly launch solar alliance
- ‘Terror, global warming fights linked'
- Smog shuts 200 China expressways
- Slur on Rajnath’s ‘outlook’ sparks uproar in Parliament
- Indian tourist bus torched in Nepal
- Espionage trail leads Delhi Police to Pak mission's door
- When will Kudankulam N-power plant come to life again?
BUSINESS & FINANCE
- Sensex up 44 pts in early trade ahead of GDP data
- Airtel to invest Rs 60K cr in 3 yrs on network expansion
- Nothing wrong with pitches, stop cribbing: Shastri
- Ashwin zooms to 2nd, de Villiers slips in ICC Rankings
HEALTH & FITNESS
- New sensor can detect estrogen levels in body fluids
- Parental absence may delay brain development in kids: study
Tired of artificial rock climbing or climbing up the walls that offer you no thrill? If you are the daredevil type, head to these obscure rock climbing spots in Delhi. Experts suggest that before going natural, one should practice indoors or take up a short course to learn the basics. By Riya Sharma When was the last time you took a stroll around South Delhi and came across a rock climbing spot? Confused enough? Rock climbing in Delhi— this was actually...READ MORE
- You compare the Nagpur Test to a Test match in Perth. I would pay money for a ticket for this game, yaar. To hell with the five days!
- It was a great win at Macau; a hat-trick. I am really happy. My immediate target now is the Indonesian Open.
- I'm optimistic about what we can achieve at the climate summit, because I've seen America take incredible strides in last seven years.
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Tuesday, 01 December 2015 | Bal Govind | NoidaThis refers to the editorial, “The thaw in a tea cup” (November 30). After the BJP’s defeat in Bihar, it was obvious that the Opposition would attack more aggressively. The first day of Parliament’s Winter Session started with a confrontationist approach. In light of this, Prime Minister Narendra Modi's efforts...