The 19th South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) Summit in Islamabad is all set to be cancelled after four out of the eight countries, including India, pulled out citing Pak-sponsored terrorism as the main reason. This is the first time...READ MORE
- CBI torture drove Bansals to death: Suicide notes
- Fall in line by Oct 6, SC orders BCCI
- Fastest climber India gets 39th rank in global competitiveness
- SC riled as Sahara put up for sale attached assets
- Bihar in SC dock for laxity in plea against Shahabuddin
- India isolates Pak in SAARC
- Corporate Affairs ex-DG, his son commit suicide
BUSINESS & FINANCE
- US lawmaker slams Sharif for praising Wani in his UN address
- India responsible with its nuclear technology: Carter
HEALTH & FITNESS
- More food during summer extends life in dormice
- Teenage girls from breast cancer families not depressed
Colors TV issues apology to National Award winner Tannishtha Chatterjee for a roast show on her skin colour. Question is do we have it in us to drop crudity from our comedy shows? Team Viva reports National Award winner Tannishtha Chatterjee’s open letter against her racist roast on Colors’ Comedy Nights Bachao became a talking point and generated much outrage, forcing the channel to issue a public apology. The actress was aghast at the “regressive and blatantly racist” attack she...READ MORE
- We are artistes and will talk about love and peace. But the Government has to take decisions on whom to allow to work here.
- Children who grow up in the film industry are more stable. One who comes from outside does one film, and goes mad.
- I will always be grateful I was able to call Shimon (Peres) my friend. He was a soldier for Israel, for the Jewish people, for justice, for peace.
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Thursday, 29 September 2016 | Ganapathi Bhat | AkolaThis refers to the editorial, “India's befitting reply” (September 28). The much-anticipated address of External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj at the UN General Assembly did not disappoint us. The speech was well-drafted, crisp and balanced. Swaraj astutely warmed the audience of the global problems before gradually drawing them into the...