Turkish warplanes on Tuesday shot down a Russian SU-24 fighter jet near the Syrian border after it violated Turkish airspace. One of its two pilots was killed and the other was captured, media reports said.
According to Tukish authorities, two F-16 warplanes shot down the Russian jet after it failed to heed at least 10 warnings within the rules of engagement, state-run Hurriyet Daily News reported.
The Rusian defence ministry refuted the claim that...
Sheena Bora died due to asphyxia as a result of strangulation, according to a medical report that is part of the CBI chargesheet in the sensational murder case in which her mother Indrani Mukerjea is the key accused.
The report was prepared by a five-member medical board formed by the Government-run All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) based in New Delhi.
"Death in this case is due to asphyxia as a result of strangulation by the...
Superstar Aamir Khan today came under attack from BJP and some in the film industry for his remarks on intolerance in the country as the saffron party linked his statement to a "deep political conspiracy" of Congress to malign the country.
But he was defended in equal measure by Congress and some other political parties and film celebrities who said the government should not brand its critics as unpatriotic and threaten them for "speaking truth".
Observing that the threat of terror is not confined to one country, region or religion, Union Minister Kiren Rijiju today said if any aberration comes from any particular community, the initiative to resolve it has to come from the people of that group only.
Rijiju said in India people are involved so much in debates and discussions that sometimes it spirals out of control and diversion of subjects sometimes starts bringing religion into the debate, which...
Reviewing the progress of relief and rehabilitation in rain-hit areas, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu today instructed collectors of the affected districts to complete enumeration of losses by tomorrow.
After this, the state government will submit a report to the Centre seeking funds for relief and rehabilitation.
Naidu met district collectors and other officials where he reviewed progress of the relief and rehabilitation in their concerned areas (affected by rains), an official release said.
MOST READVIEW ALL
In an escalating debate on the alleged intolerance in the country, film actor and face of ‘Incredible India’ campaign Aamir Khan on Tuesday came under fire for his remarks of “growing disquiet” in the country as the BJP linked his...READ MORE
- Stab in the back, fumes Putin as Turkey shoots jet
- TRS triumphs in Warangal LS bypoll, Cong wins Jhabua
- Punjab ushers in solar revolution
- Top BJP leaders huddle ahead of Winter Session
- ISIS considers its Indian fighters inferior to Arabs
- Inclusiveness keeps Indian Muslims from joining ISIS: US
- ‘Hold states aiding terror liable’
BUSINESS & FINANCE
- Sensex slides 115 pts in early trade on weak Asian cues
- RBI sets rupee reference rate at 66.3840 against dollar
- Hindu organisations call for transition to clean energy
- India, China 'most affected by weather-related disasters': UN
HEALTH & FITNESS
Whether it was about celebrating Diwali with the media or travelling to Delhi by train, the team of Tamasha is leaving no stone unturned in creating a grand spectacle for the audience. Director Imtiaz Ali shares that it is a simple story and the audience will decide whether they are living their dreams or not. Riya Sharma reports After spending choti Diwali in full-ontamasha with the media in the capital, the offbeat promotional strategies of the Tamasha team does not seem...READ MORE
- What Aamir Khan, one of the most respected actors, said in the presence of many senior BJP people, is what the whole world is saying.
- There’s no support currently for a large US-led Western Army to attempt to conquer and hold ISIL-controlled areas.
- Our Constitution guarantees freedom of expression and Aamir Khan, like any citizen, is entitled to his personal opinion.
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Wednesday, 25 November 2015 | Bal Govind | NoidaThis refers to the editorial, “Dreams of anti-Modi front” (November 24). Why do we forget that now is the honeymoon period for Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and RJD chief Lalu Prasad. This will continue for some time. Moreover, the support of leaders like West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee...