As per the Census data of 2011, the rate of divorce among the Muslim women is one of the highest in comparison to other religious groups. Further the Census shows that the married women belonging to the age group between 24-34 are most likely to be divorced in the community. The divorce in this category of age group is much higher in the Muslims than any other community in the country. The vulnerability of the...
MOST READVIEW ALL
As per the Census data of 2011, the rate of divorce among the Muslim women is one of the highest in comparison to other religious groups. Further the Census shows that the married women...
In an attempt to tame the demon of violence in Kashmir valley through political initiative, Home Minister Rajnath Singh will embark on a two-day visit to Jammu & Kashmir on Wednesday. The announcement of Rajnath’s visit came a day after...READ MORE
- Nationalism is identity of BJP, asserts Modi
- 3.5-year-old crushed under his school van
- Kerala goes rabid with hate
- Rs 3-crore diamond heist glares at owner’s lapses
- 7th wealthiest India leaves Canada, Oz, Italy trailing
- Dawood Ibrahim lives in Pak, confirms UN
- Is marathoner Jaisha daughter of a lesser India?
BUSINESS & FINANCE
- Sensex falls 45 pts in early trade on weak global cues
- Govt rejects Infosys proposal to set up IT SEZ in West Bengal
- Expected a good return from this series: Ashwin
- Sindhu gets warm welcome, Andhra govt felicitates her
- 2 Indian-American women named White House fellows
- Italy prosecutor releases Indian man who tried to abduct girl
HEALTH & FITNESS
Public art has found its biggest patron in the national Capital’s administrative bodies and it’s a win-win for both. Team Viva reports If the sheer volume of people descending on just concluded India Art Fair are any indication, the art scene in the national Capital is on a major upswing. How much the jamboree is truly connecting with whatever’s on display is another story, for now feel good that it’s seeking something out-of-the-box. Even better, the authorities are heeding to it. Weeks...READ MORE
- All his artificial love which he (Arvind Kejriwal) is professing for Goans, is buried in his ambitious plan of looting and eradicating the Goan identity.
- We need to stop getting taxed as much we do. Hollywood films aren't as taxed as Indian films which are bleeding.
- We strongly support all efforts between India and Pakistan that can contribute to a more stable and prosperous region.
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Wednesday, 24 August 2016 | Vinod C Dixit | AhmedabadThe choice of Urjit Patel, an eminent economist, consultant and banker, as the 24th Governor of the Reserve Bank of India reflects the Government's preference for continuity to the Rajan tradition. It is a step in the right direction. Patel will face many challenges, from reining in inflation to managing...