The long-drawn battle between Infosys Chief Executive Officer & Managing Director Vishal Sikka and the group of promoters led by NR Narayana Murthy came to an abrupt end on Friday. Sikka sent shock waves through the corporate world by submitting...READ MORE
- Teen follows Blue Whale, jumps off 4th floor, critical
- Refund extra fees or we will take over: CM to pvt schools
- 5-star hotel manager molests staffer, held
- Last-minute hiccup in AIADMK merger
- Ladakh scuffle bad for India, China: MEA
- Appear before CBI on Aug 23, SC asks Karti
- EPS orders probe into Jaya’s death
BUSINESS & FINANCE
- Infosys to buy back 11.3 crore shares at Rs 1,150 each
- 'Drone sale to India would cement bilateral ties with US'
- Trump studying options for new South Asia strategy: WH
- Indian-origin mom wants action over daughter's suicide in UK
HEALTH & FITNESS
- Loss of smell could warn of Alzheimer's disease
- Increase in cigarette prices may reduce smoking in elderly
The MiTalks series on Health and Humanity is a journey through grit and determination, says Saimi Sattar Say ‘two’ as if you you are expelling spit and that is the first step towards beat-boxing, the art of mimicking drum machines using one’s mouth, lips, tongue and voice,” says Vineeth Vincent, beat-boxer and MC for the programme MiTalks on Health and Humanity organised by FICCI Heal. Vincent goes on to entertain the hall which is full capacity, with at least...READ MORE
- Rahul Gandhi does not know the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh, nor has he tried to understand the Sangh. He does not even know the history of India.
- What bothers me is why are people more concerned about my pictures and not what is happening around the world.
- India welcomes the US's designation of Hizbul Mujahideen as a terrorist. This reflects the joint commitment of the two countries to firmly deal with terrorism.
- Doklam stand-off Now and Beyond
- India on the horns of dilemma
- Bangabandhu, the liberator
- Endless Adhocism
- Protein taken too much for Granted
- Birth of new interventions
- Docyard : Don’t ignore this pain
- cool corner
- More comfortable in non-glamorous roles: Nargis Fakhri
- Jaime King joins indie movie 'Ice Cream in the Cupboard'
- Jacqueline Fernandez, Aditya Roy Kapoor to walk for Manish Malhotra at LFW finale
- Prabhas joins the sets of 'Saaho'
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Saturday, 19 August 2017 | MC Joshi | LucknowThis refers to the editorial, “Making health affordable” (August 18). Although 60 per cent rate cut for knee implants must come as a huge relief for knee patients but the question is whether, for the patient, the total cost of knee replacement procedure will go down in the same proportion. In...