A month after Prime Minister Narendra Modi stunned the nation by letting loose the genie of demonetisation, the country is now busy taking stock of the impact of the exercise on the lives of the citizenry, the economy and terror...READ MORE
- Modi: Short-term pain will pave way for long-term gains
- Govt hard-sells cashless trade, gives big sops
- Rs8 cr new cash, 100 kg gold seized in I-T raids in Chennai
- Pranab rebukes MPs for disruption of Parliament
- Rahul says Paytm means Pay to Modi, BJP returns attack
- Triple talaq cruel: Allahabad HC
- Fog forces North India to slow down
BUSINESS & FINANCE
- Sensex rebounds 300 points, Nifty above 8,200 in early trade
- Airtel unveils fresh packs to counter Jio heat
- Cook wins toss, elects to bat against India in 4th Test
- Umpire Reiffel off field after being hit on head by ball
- Have voiced concern to Pak over terror safe havens: US
- 'Iron Lady' Jayalalithaa inspiration for women: Tamils in US
HEALTH & FITNESS
The fun of being physically challenged is to be able to see the humour in the ignorance, misconceptions and perceptions that layer people’s minds, says stand-up comedian Nidhi Goyal. Ankita Jain reports Stand-up comedian Nidhi Goyal has come a long way in dealing with her physical challenges. But not only has she conquered her disability (she doesn’t mind being called the politically incorrect disabled or blind), she is raising awareness about it through humour, in her case the best...READ MORE
- For god's sake, do your job. You (MPs) are meant to transact business in Parliament (and not to disrupt).
- Rahul Gandhi is competing with Arvind Kejriwal in TRP politics by levelling baseless charges on daily basis.
- We (India and the US) are both multicultural societies, but nevertheless, hold together extremely well.
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Friday, 09 December 2016 | KS Padmanabha | ChennaiThis refers to the editorial, “Woman of substance” (December 7). Politics will never be the same again in Tamil Nadu, for J Jayalalithaa remained an enigma till the very end, proving numerous political calculations wrong. The very fact that a woman from a Brahmin community carved a niche for herself...