The collection of premiums and the sale of new individual policies by Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) have come down by 25 per cent over the years as the country’s biggest insurer removed a whopping 22 lakh agents for...READ MORE
- Akhilesh aide’s ouster sets stage for stormy Sunday
- Varun comes clean about honey-trap
- Aviation in ‘mission mode’: PM
- Ministerial panel to conquer garbage mound
- Again India hits back hard at Pak
- SC strips BCCI of fund power to force States to fall in line
- SC orders Parsvnath to give Minister home
BUSINESS & FINANCE
- Apple probing claim of iPhone 7 catching fire
- Myanmar's Suu Kyi calls for transparency in economic system
- Karman Kaur, Ankita Rana are promosing tennis talent: Sania
- Katich rejects Clarke's comments, terms their relationship "non-existent"
- Punjab's retired staff settled abroad to get DA in pension
- Relationship with India is strong and diverse: US
HEALTH & FITNESS
- Parents' online posts about children may turn risky
- Appetite-modifying foods do not affect calorie intake
Sarod maestro Ustad Amjad Ali Khan will perform Samaagam, a concerto for sarod and orchestra in Music for Life, tomorrow. It’s an attempt to explore commonalities between Indian and Western classical music systems. He speaks to Saritha Saraswathy Balan about the concert, the music project Amalgam and his musical journey so far Amjad Ali Khan feels that music has the ability to transform any situation. So will be his performance in Music for Life, a show to highlight the country’s...READ MORE
- Donald looks at the Statue of Liberty and sees a four, maybe a five, if she loses the torch and tablet and changes her hair.
- Charges (of my leaking defence information) are baseless. In the defence committee, no secret information is shared.
- Hillary is so corrupt that she got kicked off the Watergate commission. How corrupt you have to be to get kicked off!
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Saturday, 22 October 2016 | Ramesh G Jethwani | BangaloreThis refers to the editorial, “Criminal negligence” (October 20). In recent years, we have witnessed some of the worst fire infernos. The recent one is the SUM hospital fire tragedy in Bhubaneswar, which claimed more than 20 lives. By ignoring attention on fire safety measures, we are only paving...