MOST READVIEW ALL
The proposal to impose pollution tax on trucks entering Delhi united uncommon allies — the Centre and the Delhi Government — to shed differences and approve an added tax burden of Rs700 and Rs1,300 to be laden on Delhi-bound light...READ MORE
BUSINESS & FINANCE
- Sensex soars 325 pts in early trade on global cues
- Sun Pharma withdraws suit filed by Ranbaxy against USFDA
- Two Indian American teenagers among NASA's 3-D space contest
- Pranab Mukherjee to get 3 honorary doctorates on W Asia trip
HEALTH & FITNESS
- Climate change behind mysterious kidney disease: Study
- Heavy smoking and drinking will age you faster
At the ongoing Amazon India Fashion Week, apart from the sassy catwalks, is the crunching of numbers for sale deals. Designers tell Devi Singh that majority of international business comes from the Middle East Besides oodles of oomph and glamour thrown in, fashion weeks are mostly trade events where designers conglomerate for serious business, cut to chase making some serious profit. Designers not only think of basking in the glory for their art and creation but a major portion of contemplation...READ MORE
- We are very disturbed over the brutal manner in which an Indian lady has been treated in Saudi Arabia. It's unacceptable.
- Guilty in the Dadri killing will be punished, even if I have to risk my Government in Uttar Pradesh for that.
- We have to encourage Wall Street to live up to its proper role in our economy, helping Main Street grow and prosper.
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Friday, 09 October 2015 | Azhar A Khan | RampurThis refers to the article, “Saving heritage from pollution” (October 8) by Kota Sriraj. Arguably, India is one of the richest nations in the world, in terms of endowment of historical monuments whose preservation and protection is taken care of by the Archaeological Survey of India. It is a matter...