Delhi Police Commissioner BS Bassi on Tuesday launched an online portal for granting permission to heavy transport vehicles (HTV) to enter ‘No-Entry’ zone. The applications for the grant of no entry permission for 2016 will be processed online through traffic police website, from November 16 to December 15.
“So far HTVs’ owners had to apply for the permit following a lot of paperwork, including the submission of supporting documents. With the launch of this online portal, owners of such vehicles are not required to travel to traffic headquarters in Todapur to fill form and hence, save time and paper,” said Bassi while addressing the media.
“Every detail of the HTV owner will be submitted through this portal and a processing non-refundable fee of `200 will also be charged online now,” added Bassi.
Mentioning the technicalities of the portal, Bassi mentioned, the owners who will apply for the renewal of their no-entry permit, will only have to wait for a week against a month they used to before and for new applicants, it will be a month-time procedure.
A committee at Traffic headquarters has been designated to scrutinise the process and in the first week of January 2016, a list of successful applications will be displayed online. The applicants selected, will then be asked to pay `500 per vehicle and submit photocopies of the original documents of their vehicle. The web-based application that has been developed by ACSG Corporation comes as the technological wheels that will advance our frequency to work and avoid delays, Bassi said.