Chief Minister Hemant Soren while laying the foundation stone of the World Trade Center in the core capital area of Ranchi on Friday said that Jharkhand is a state with vast potential and the government is making constant efforts to connect the industrial and business activities here with the country and the world. He said that all the activities related to international trade, especially export promotion will be conducted under one roof in the World Trade Center. This center will play an important role in strengthening the economic activities here.
The CM said that Jharkhand is a State rich in minerals and lots of industrial activities have been going on here for decades. Industries and companies of many industrial business groups including Tata, Birla and Dalmia are established here. The builder of the country's industries and world famous as ‘Mother of Industries’ HEC is in Ranchi. Steps have been taken in the state to provide all the facilities related to trade-export to these industries through the World Trade Center. Now these steps will not stop but will move forward continuously.
The CM said that strengthening the rural economy is one of the special priorities of the government. People are involved in various activities in the rural environment here. Many schemes have been started in the direction of taking them forward. In this connection, products made by women self-help groups have been brought in the market through Palash brand. These products are available in big malls and shopping complexes. The government is working with a target to increase the turnover of the Palash brand to one thousand crore rupees annually.
Soren said that there is a lot of potential in the field of forest products in Jharkhand. Till now it has been seen that due to lack of market for local products, people sell them at very low prices. At the same time, big companies from other states are buying and selling these products in our own state at expensive prices. The government has taken this very seriously. Now the growers should get the direct benefit of the forest and other products here, in this direction the government is making an action plan.
He further said that a large number of youth from rural areas of the State migrate to other states for employment. There they are exploited. Many such cases have come before us. The government is working to connect many girls taken hostage to employment by releasing them. For the sake of employment, the villagers should not migrate here. They should get employment in their own house, the government is making continuous efforts in this direction.
The CM said that agro-food processing, handloom, handicraft and tasar to textile industry is expanding continuously in the state. Due to this, a large number of youth and women are getting employment here. In this direction, along with big industries, the government is working towards providing assistance to small, medium and small scale industries. Apart from this, grant-based loans are being made available under the Chief Minister's Employment Generation Scheme to promote self-employment.
An MoU was signed between JUIDCO and SIDBI at the Foundation Stone Laying Ceremony of the World Trade Center. Through this, assistance will be provided through SIDBI to develop industrial infrastructure and set up industries in the state. On this occasion, 515 beneficiaries were given capital of about Rs 1.87 crore for seed capital assistance under the PMFMI scheme.
Minister Satyanand Bhokta, MLA Naveen Jaiswal, Principal Secretary Personnel and Industries Vandana Dadel and Secretary to Chief Minister Vinay Kumar Choubey were specially present in the foundation stone laying ceremony.
Features of the World Trade Center
* The World Trade Center will have all the facilities related to international business in one complex.
* This center will have the regional office of the Directorate General of Trade and the offices attached to the Export Council of India. Apart from this, space will be provided for companies engaged in import-export. From currency exchange to money transfer facilities will be available here.
* The construction of the World Trade Center will be done in collaboration with the Central and State Government. It will be built in 3.45 acres of land. Its total project cost will be 44.59 crores.
* Here companies doing international business will also be made available for display and promotion of their products.
* The export of agricultural and food products, textiles, tasar products and engineering goods will be encouraged in the World Trade Center.
* The construction of the World Trade Center will be completed in 2 years. It will have multipurpose conference rooms, seminar halls, import export banks and many more facilities.