A three-year-old girl sustained severe burn injuries after an Anganwadi Centre Helper allegedly threw hot water at her in Jatiapalli village in Subarnapur district on Tuesday morning. The victim, Pritimayee Mahakur, was admitted to hospital.
“The Anganwadi Helper visited our house and asked us to send my child. Following this, I dropped my daughter at the Anganwadi. But the Helper threw hot water, which was meant for boiling eggs, at my child,” alleged victim’s father Panchanan Mahakur.
When her mother went to the Anganwadi to enquire about her, she found her in critical condition, he added.
Till the filing of last reports, no action had been taken against the Anganwarid Helper in question.