The common steps one should follow for prevention of Hepatitis are:
- Get vaccinated against HAV and HBV if you had missed the vaccination as a child.
- Make sure to follow the proper rules of maintaining hygiene, like washing hands with anti-bacterial soap or fluid and clean water after using the bathroom or changing diapers of a child. Make sure to wash your hands clean before handling water or food.
- Make it a habit to drink bottled or boiled or chemically water.
- Traveling to a new location, remain cautious about your food habit and consumption style.
- Never use a syringe, needles, razors, or toothbrushes of another person.
- Make sure to use gloves while performing first aid.
- Pregnant and nursing mothers must remain extra cautious as the infants get easily affected by the virus for low immunity power. Seeking doctor advice and following the treatment measures can prevent transmission of the virus to the infant.
- Consulting a certified doctor and seeking advice can help you to prevent the condition and control the effects.
The writer is Satkam Divya, CEO, KlinicApp