Patients at the Jagatsinghpur District Headquarters Hospital (DHH) here had a narrow escape after a fire broke out in the hospital late on Wednesday night. Fortunately, no casualty or injury was reported in the mishap.
According to reports, the fire erupted in the gynaecology department at around
2 am. Soon after, patients and their attendants vacated the hospital and waited outside for hours till Fire Services officials reached the spot and doused the flames.
Receiving information, the Additional District Medical Officer (ADMO) came
to the hospital on Thursday morning to take stock of the situation. Though the exact cause behind the fire was yet to be ascertained, an electric short circuit was believed to have led to the mishap.