A teenaged girl died after electrocution under Sector 12 Police station in Bokaro district on Tuesday.
According to the Police Neha Kumari (12) a student of class 6 had gone to pluck flowers near Bari Co-operative Colony More where she came in contact with a live electric wire of an electric pole and died on the spot.
With the help of locals, she rushed to the hospital where doctors declared her brought dead. Neha was a resident of Baghraibera, presently residing at Hanuman Nagar Sector 12 in Bokaro with her grandparents.
Irked over the electrocution of the girl, locals threatened to protest.
In another incident, a teen boy Mithlesh Tudu (12) died after lightening stuck on him while another boy Kinker Hansda (10) sustained burn injuries at Murabad Village under Bangharia OP of Chandankiyari Police Station in Bokaro district.
Both went to their farmland, suddenly rain and thundering started and lightening stuck on them, informed a villager.
Soon after the incident villagers took them to CHC Chandankiyari where doctors declared Mithlesh brought dead. The condition of the injured is normal now, he released after treatment at local hospital, said a villager.
Meanwhile, in another incident, three pet animals died after electrocution under Lalpania and City police station. According to the eyewitnesses, animals grazing there were electrocuted. “After the heavy downpour rainwater was lodged in the drains, a live electric wire came in contact with the water near an electric pole which resulted into electrocution of the animals,” added eyewitness.