Two died after inhaling poisonous gas in Rajnandgaon

| | RAJNANDGAON
  • 0

Two died after inhaling poisonous gas in Rajnandgaon

Wednesday, 11 September 2019 | Staff Reporter | RAJNANDGAON

Two persons died inside a well apparently after inhaling some poisonous gas in Chhattisgarh's Rajnandgaon district, police said on Tuesday.

The incident occurred on Monday at a farm in Gadaghat  village after its owner Ravindra Nath Thakur (35) entered the       35-feet-deep well to remove a dead snake from water, said Khairagarh Station House Officer (SHO) Pradip Sori.

"As Thakur fell unconscious inside the well, a villager Dwarika Baya (30) went down to check on him, but he too fell unconscious," he said.

After locals informed police about the incident, a rescue operation was launched.

Thakur and Baya were pulled out dead from the well.

"Prima facie it seems they died after inhaling some poisonous gas. The exact cause of their death will be known after receiving  post-mortem report," Sori said, adding that samples of water from the well have been sent for testing.

A case has been registered, he added.

Sunday Edition

The bare necessities Simple ideas that matter

15 September 2019 | Tim de Ridder | Agenda

Heal self For a better world

15 September 2019 | Sant Rajinder Singh | Agenda

Correct your self-image

15 September 2019 | Ajit Kumar Bishnoi | Agenda

Astroturf | Watch over your karma

15 September 2019 | Bharat Bhushan Padmadeo | Agenda

Talktime | ‘I felt like an actor after doing LSD’

15 September 2019 | MUSBA HASHMI | Sunday Pioneer

Pickle me pink

15 September 2019 | Shalini Saksena | Sunday Pioneer