In a suspected case of food poisoning, two toddlers died and their mother turned critical in Chandahandi in the district on Thursday.
The deceased were identified as Amulya (6) and Giridhari (4), sons of Benudhar and Sakuntala Gouda of Dandamunda village under Chandahandi block.
According to reports, the family had gone to sleep after taking dinner on Wednesday night. But all members of the family developed symptoms like head reeling, vomiting and loose motion by morning.
Finding the family seriously sick, some relatives rushed them to the Chandahandi Community Health Centre. However, Amulya and Giridhari died on the way to hospital. Sakuntala was shifted in critical condition to the District Headquarters Hospital and her condition was stable, sources said.